2013年10月15日星期二

which means the study of insects

There are some Kafka references tossed about too. The exterior of the bag is embroidered with representations of the interior species. It’s a recognisably Prada shape too, boxy and old lady-ish. my non-phone hand was clutching tightly to my forehead, forcefully scrunching my forehead skin together. I had the same facial expression I'd have on if someone made me watch a hermes kelly 22cmlive event where people had their skin slowly peeled off. oung to be the subject of a coffee-table book. He started his signature label only in 2005 and became a couturier two years ago, so how to fill the nearly 400-page book ($100) being published this month from Rizzoli? It was everything bad about everything, all at once. But instead of distancing myself from the horror, I soaked in it.

 I read it again and again, fascinated by how something could be so aggressively unappealing. It made me think about what makes terrible Facebook behavior terrible, and why other Facebook behavior isn't annoying at all. It comes down to a pretty simple rule: In fact, lots of this is recognisably Prada. The shape, the materials (Miuccia Prada has a fondness for hermes kelly walletPlexiglass and PVC), even those embroidered bugs have antecedents in Prada collections. For winter 1999 she showed coats, skirts and boots dotted with three-dimensional foliage. Many also featured crystal insects.

A true collaboration. The bag is dubbed “Entomology”, which means the study of insects. It’s rarely been fashionable. The chanel reissueinteresting thing, for me, is that Prada is as big a pull as Hirst. This isn’t about a fashion brand trying to make themselves cool via an artist, or even about a hyper-luxury goods house trying to attract attention by splashing arty doodles on product. It feels like a genuine meeting of minds. The results are quite ugly and difficult. So are lots of Prada clothes, and plenty of Hirst’s art.

没有评论:

发表评论