2012年7月18日星期三

School Fashion vs Uniforms……You decide

As we begin a new school year, many parents are not eager to buy clothes, accessories and all the extras needed for their classes. In some counties there are public schools that decided to have a go with uniforms. Why? Because there have been studies have presented, there were fewer behavior problems in classrooms appears, notes increased, and were individually throughout the school, and some parents are very grateful for the money saved by purchasing a uniform. In my many years of experience, I worked in a public school that has created a culture to be the wearing of uniforms and cool. Uniforms were worn from Monday to Thursday and Friday were a kind of "Freestyle" day where you could wear your own clothes, the dress code established department. It was amazing to see the children as they deal with children who chose not to wear the uniform. The parents were "distress sales" gently used uniforms, give money to the PTO and give families a less economic aid, a break in the pocket. Yes, there were some behavioral problems, some of which would be in every elementary context, but I can say that it is less. The children were not at any other clothing or shoes to attack, he gave them more of a feeling united, and our children could be seen in the close vicinity of the general school yard. I worked in another school, the teachers and staff includes, to wear uniforms, perhaps to persuade them to see the parents, what nice consistent look for their children. Some parents have bought into the idea, but most have not. That surprised me, because it is a Title I school in an environment where 99.6% of students were at lunch. Personally, I would like to see more schools go to uniforms. I worked with a lot of girls who are often in my office for improper dress code violations. Violations range (to be held at the sides shorter than the length of their fingers when the arms are in place) of skirts that are too short, inappropriate language on the graphic T-shirts ("You do not want a piece of this ") and show cleavage. These are questions that give the green light, relational bullying that girls can be subjected to, it's a huge distraction to the teacher at times, and the parents will be contacted by / with something that could have been avoided aggrevated a uniform. In my current setup, there was a family that had five children and their mother decided to make a more even, but it is not necessary. Other children ask, but they were not teased or treated differently, they were well behaved, and has very good qualities were appreciated by adults and children alike. My daughter will start school this year and I decided to go down the road uniform. Especially in my own research, I realized what a saving my husband and I have to leave this decision. I'll let you know how it goes, but it is only 3 and it probably will not matter, at least until the second year. Needless to say, I say some of today's fashion for little girls are just smaller versions of adult fashions that are not always appropriate in school. We decided that the uniforms are a good option, what will you decide?

没有评论:

发表评论